Popular Types of Computer Games


Throughout the times, there have been many games which have been created for the sole purpose of entertaining the individual or groups of individuals, ranging from board games, video games to computer games. This article will focus on many different genres of computer gaming. There are a lot of genres within the gaming category, so we will focus on just the most popular ones.
Action games are games which require the use of quick reflexes, timing and possibly accuracy to achieve certain goals. Most action games emphasise on fighting or combat, but there are sub-genres of the action category which are popular, like fighting games and first-person shooters. Fighting games are mostly one on one combat with another player or a player versus the computer.
There are many combo's, special attacks and chains of attacks and blocks which all depend on the buttons which the players press. First person shooters, however, are 'shoot-em-up' games which consist of the screen displaying whatever the character in the game perceives, which brings the player into the character's world, allowing the players to control them and determine actions accordingly.
There are usually teams or an objective to achieve, such as assassinating a target or eliminating the other team. Players need skill, accuracy and quick reflexes to win the match or achieve the objective. This is one of the more popular genres.
Role Playing Games, (or RPG's) cast the player in the world of the character completely. They are usually 'adventurers' with a specific skill they are specially capable of, whether it is melee fighting, utilizing a bow and arrow, casting enchanted magic spells, healing and 'buffing' other players or being stealthy and agile.
Many of these games feature monsters which the adventurers need to overcome, and can be played single-handedly or in a group or 'party'. Sometimes these games have an online feature which you can invite other friends and players to play and assist you in a goal or achieve common goals within a group.

19 comments:

  1. Action games are games which require the use of quick reflexes, timing and possibly accuracy to achieve certain goals. Most action games emphasise on fighting or combat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are many combo's, special attacks and chains of attacks and blocks which all depend on the buttons which the players press.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, you do write your articles with passion. I hope you get the time to post for me some time in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Plants vs Zombies will do fine with me. Blog Traffic Tips

    ReplyDelete
  5. Role playing games suits best to me. I like them more among all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It helps me to get better grasp on the subject. I hope it is possible to present more someday. Keep sharing such a very informative post like this.

    http://www.iquestintl.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love this post, Very informative it is. Readers definitely get some useful knowledge from here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting. Your instructions look clear but I'm not very good at this so I hope this will work well for me. Thanks for the tips! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post. All readers will definitely like this post. Looking forward for your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello there! Extremely good article! I’m a usual website visitor (very much like addict :P) to your website. Keep up the fantastic work , I read few articles on this internet site and I believe that your weblog is very interesting and contains lots of great information.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks…:)Just desire to say your article is as astounding. The clarity in your post is simply cool and i could assume you are an expert on this subject. Well with your permission let me to grab your feed to keep updated with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please continue the rewarding work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Really great effort. Everyone must be read this article. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awakening post to read on and it creates a common sense among computer users to save their money from unnecessary paying for a anti virus software.

    ReplyDelete
  14. After looking at a few of the blog articles on your site, I seriously appreciate your way of writing it. I saved as a favorite it to my bookmark site list and
    will be checking back in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you, your experience is quite encouraging to me. I think this is the best option for me at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I will probably be back again to browse much more, many thanks for the data.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice post, Critical things are explained in details. I appreciate it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I certainly agree to some points that you have discussed on this post. I appreciate that you have shared some reliable tips on this review.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Here elaborates the matter not only extensively but also in detail. I support the unique point. It is useful and benefit to your daily life.

    ReplyDelete